Since June 2016, Time Out Group is listed on London's AIM stock exchange, trading under the ticker symbol 'TMO'.
Sales Account Manager
Time Out Shanghai is currently looking for a talented, persuasive Sales Account Manager to develop creative, forward-thinking sales plans and generate new client business.
We value a candidate that has a strong background in advertising sales, business to business sales or experience in sales for a specific product(s) with a demonstrated track record in delivering and hitting sales targets. However, while experience is welcomed, we are willing to train. The right candidate will be an individual who is creative and has an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging personality and strong work ethic combined with ambition and good industry contacts. Most importantly, our candidate has innate and cultivated interpersonal communication abilities, with a prowess for creating and maintaining relationships.
Personal knowledge of or familiarity with the Shanghai lifestyle industry is preferred but not entirely necessary.
- Quickly establish, build and maintain relationships that deliver revenue streams
- Manage a portfolio of clients
- Develop innovative advertising packages that meet clients' needs and budget
- Ensure you have top knowledge of the market and position within it
- Identify revenue-generating opportunities and implement them
- Deliver presentations and pitches to clients
- Necessary administration
Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience in sales, ideally in a media setting
- Able to establish durable partnerships with clients and identify new prospects
- Able to explain the benefits of each Time Out platform, using statistics on readership or viewing figures
- Able to have fun and socialise productively
- An experienced negotiator
- Must be a confident and credible individual, enthusiastic, self-motivated and with self-set high standards of workmanship
- Possess the gravitas and personal characteristics to communicate at all levels when dealing with clients and all teams involved
- Show initiative and enterprise at all times
- A creative and lateral thinker
- Hungry to succeed in a competitive media landscape
This role is full time and based from the office. To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Director of Sales and Marketing Terry Meng at Terrymeng@timeoutcn.com
Time Out Family Web and Social Media Editor
Time Out Family, the sister publication of Time Out Shanghai that targets expat families, is currently looking for a proactive, organised web editor to create and curate content for the brand’s website and social media channels.
As web editor for our Family brand you will be in charge of creating content for our daily WeChat posts, putting together fortnightly newsletters and updating and managing the Time Out Family website.
The right candidate will be well versed in creating, curating and promoting compelling content, generating web traffic and increasing brand visibility. They’ll have a passion for family lifestyle news and content, a keen eye for detail as well as experience in crafting well-written, engaging stories that pull in readers and increase brand visibility.
- Create, curate and promote topical and family-relevant content across our social media platforms
- Conduct content research by liaising with educational, health and community contacts
- Work closely with the editor of Time Out Family to plan, implement and manage weekly and monthly schedules for all social media content
- Monitor city and family-relevant news, staying abreast of the latest seasonal, education and expat news developments and using strong news judgment to ensure the most accurate information goes out on our social platforms in a timely fashion
- Give Time Out Family’s social accounts a voice that's informative and on brand
- Stay informed on ever-changing analytics to gain a better understanding of what type of content works well on social media
- Experiment with emerging platforms, as both a way to expand our audience and to grow traffic
- Previous digital experience, ideally managing a WeChat subscription account and other social media platforms in an editorial or agency setting
- The ability to write creative and spot-on copy
- Familiarity with SEO, Content Management Systems, Adobe Photoshop and Creative Suite
- Strong organisational skills, an acute attention to detail and excellent multi-tasking skills
- A good understanding of Shanghai’s expat and family landscapes
This role is full time, though strong part-time candidates will be considered. Spoken and written Chinese is beneficial, but not required.
To apply, please email your CV, cover letter and three ideas for WeChat content that you think would fit with the Time Out Family brand to Cat Nelson at email@example.com
. Please include links to any personal or professional social media, if available.
InternshipsTime Out Shanghai
internships offer the opportunity to be part of a passionate and experienced team in helping to produce both our magazine and website. Part-time and full-time placements are available. All positions are unpaid but expenses are available.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working and creative bilingual Chinese and English speaking interns to support our editorial and online staff. Interns will do a lot of information gathering around Shanghai, assisting our writers and editors to research stories and discover new and exciting events across the city.
You will also be involved in the day-to-day development of the Time Out Shanghai
website such as managing our events calendar, creating and uploading website content and contributing to our blog.
- Assist with organising company activities
- Keep in close contact with clients by phone
- Provide assistance to advertising department
- University degree
- Current undergraduates or graduates
- English level 4 or above, proficient in oral and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office