Since June 2016, Time Out Group is listed on London's AIM stock exchange, trading under the ticker symbol 'TMO'.
Sales Account Manager
Time Out Shanghai is currently looking for a talented, persuasive Sales Account Manager to develop creative, forward-thinking sales plans and generate new client business.
We value a candidate that has a strong background in advertising sales, business to business sales or experience in sales for a specific product(s) with a demonstrated track record in delivering and hitting sales targets. However, while experience is welcomed, we are willing to train. The right candidate will be an individual who is creative and has an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging personality and strong work ethic combined with ambition and good industry contacts. Most importantly, our candidate has innate and cultivated interpersonal communication abilities, with a prowess for creating and maintaining relationships.
Personal knowledge of or familiarity with the Shanghai lifestyle industry is preferred but not entirely necessary.
- Quickly establish, build and maintain relationships that deliver revenue streams
- Manage a portfolio of clients
- Develop innovative advertising packages that meet clients' needs and budget
- Ensure you have top knowledge of the market and position within it
- Identify revenue-generating opportunities and implement them
- Deliver presentations and pitches to clients
- Necessary administration
Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience in sales, ideally in a media setting
- Able to establish durable partnerships with clients and identify new prospects
- Able to explain the benefits of each Time Out platform, using statistics on readership or viewing figures
- Able to have fun and socialise productively
- An experienced negotiator
- Must be a confident and credible individual, enthusiastic, self-motivated and with self-set high standards of workmanship
- Possess the gravitas and personal characteristics to communicate at all levels when dealing with clients and all teams involved
- Show initiative and enterprise at all times
- A creative and lateral thinker
- Hungry to succeed in a competitive media landscape
This role is full time and based from the office. To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Director of Sales and Marketing Terry Meng at Terrymeng@timeoutcn.com
InternshipsTime Out Shanghai
internships offer the opportunity to be part of a passionate and experienced team in helping to produce both our magazine and website. Part-time and full-time placements are available. All positions are unpaid but expenses are available.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working and creative bilingual Chinese and English speaking interns to support our editorial and online staff. Interns will do a lot of information gathering around Shanghai, assisting our writers and editors to research stories and discover new and exciting events across the city.
You will also be involved in the day-to-day development of the Time Out Shanghai
website such as managing our events calendar, creating and uploading website content and contributing to our blog.
Please send your CV along with writing samples and an idea of your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist with organising company activities
- Keep in close contact with clients by phone
- Provide assistance to advertising department
- University degree
- Current undergraduates or graduates
- English level 4 or above, proficient in oral and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office