Ingredients (makes four tartlets)
For the pastry:
150g light flour (non bread flour)
75g unsalted butter
1 egg yolk
For the filling:
350 pumpkin mash (cooked)
3 egg yolks
20g unsalted butter (melted)
90g light cream
20-40g granulated sugar to taste
1 tablespoon of rum
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
To make the pastry
1. Whisk the egg yolk with the butter until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Sieve flour into the mixture and blend with your hands. The dough should be fairly soft to the touch. Add a dash of cold milk if it’s too hard.
3. Bring the dough together into a ball, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for an hour (or overnight if possible).
4. Once the dough has set, roll it out into a 3mm thin sheet. Cut round shapes out of the pastry that are the same in diameter as your pastry tins. Place the round pastry shapes firmly in tins. Use a fork to poke holes in the pastry so it bakes evenly.
5. Place in a preheated oven (200 degrees) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Making the filling
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until even.
2. Once the pastry has cooled, fill tins up by carefully spooning in the filling mixture. Put the tartlets back into the oven and bake at 180 degrees for another 10 minutes.
3. Let the tarts cool before serving. Enjoy!